Why Do You Need A Public Notary?
• The services of a Public Notary in Adelaide are required when documents of a legal or financial nature are to be used internationally.
• The primary role of a Public Notary in Adelaide is to formally witness the execution of documents, to authenticate the identity of the person creating the documents, and to administer oaths and declarations. By this process the notary attempts to make the document acceptable to, and therefore receivable in, foreign jurisdictions.
• By verifying the identity and authenticity of the person stating the facts set out in that document, the notary is lending his professional reputation to the transaction when he signs and seals a document.
• If a document needs to be notarised, it is an indication of the importance which the foreign recipient of the document places upon the professional integrity of the notarisation process (otherwise they would have simply requested that the document be witnessed by any adult person).
• Notarisation is not “just a quick signature” on a document. It is NOT like having a JP witness your signature.
• A Public Notary in Adelaide must exercise very considerable care and skill, and his professional reputation around the world is an important part of the foreign acceptance of the client’s document. For this reason, the Notary must be registered with all of the foreign embassies and consulates throughout Australia.
• Sometimes an Apostille is also required by the foreign government. This is a formal legalisation of the Notarial act at the federal Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT) or at a foreign embassy or consulate.
This is only occasionally required. No other formal requirements should be needed by the foreign jurisdiction in which the document is required.
Expert Advice for Public Notary in Adelaide
If you need a Public Notary in Adelaide and throughout South Australia, contact Genders & Partners, the oldest law firm in South Australia (and one of its most respected) . We have been helping South Australians protect themselves, their families and, their assets since 1848.
To find this video on our Youtube Channel, please click the link below:
Public Notary In Adelaide: The Importance of Consulting a Public Notary in Adelaide